The Rock County Crops and Soils program provides educational programming, which promotes agricultural productivity and profitability while protecting the environment. Producers and Agri-professionals benefit from access to the latest, unbiased research based information while the general public enjoys an environment protected by efficient nutrient and pesticide use. We emphasize local research, both in farmer fields and at the Rock County Farm to address emerging issues. Major programs include:
- Nutrient and Pest Management
- Soil Quality and Cover Crops
- Private Pesticide Applicator Training
- Youth Tractor Safety Certification
- Crop Variety Trials
- Herbicide Efficacy Trials
- Crop Input Budgeting
NEWS & UPDATES!
For current Rock County area news and events, please click on the Agriculture Update Newsletters below.
Agriculture Update June 2022
The links below are the newest UW division of Extension Resources related to Crops and Soils:
- UW Crops and Soils Program
- Team Forage
- University of Wisconsin Department of Soil Science
- Wisconsin Crop Manager